Monday, September 24, 2012

Rob Schneider, Prince, & Things that Tick

So I refused Rob Schneider organic blueberries tonight.  He complimented my jacket & told me that "yeah it is weird that organic blueberries aren't coming in".

Then the roadie for Prince showed up and requested a rose bouquet & alstros for Prince's dressing room & his band.  We talked about how important being under budget was.

And when I checked for the organic blueberries I went into the cooler to locate them just like I did for the random lady the day before.  And I wrapped the roses just like I did for the dude earlier for his "woman i'm going to be marrying".

Recently things in my life have taken a super dramatic reality hiatus.  My feet are firmly planted on the ground but the watered down hyper version of our existence in this world is being switched out for non- concentrate.  God is completely taking over.  I asked Him to.  Be careful what you ask for ;)

God has asked me to let go of time.  Our entire world revolves around time.  Fifty to a hundred *i'm pretty sure it's closer to fifty* years ago our clocks didn't have minute hands.  How cool is that?  Come to my house around 6 for dinner, which means, anywhere around 6.  If you go out to the country, especially to the midwest cornhusks, the pace is so much more relaxed.  Calm.  I work for Whole Foods until this upcoming Saturday, and they work on a point system.  If you are eight minutes late for work it is a half of a point.  Now yes, people, be on time for work, but you could be the best employee and canned.  After six points you are separated, ie fired.  Granted that means you have to be late twelve times in a six month period.  Which is twice a  month, but who's counting right?

We have dissected our lives down to the tiniest minute.  In those instances asked God to intervene, to take over and meet us RIGHT THERE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END AND EVERYTHING IS FAILING HELP ME RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW.  Only to have that season of time pass, that change in gravity shift, those minutes vanish into distant memories that we can only grasp onto with feeling.

"Let go of time" God keeps telling me.  "Let go of time", because:

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.  Ecclesiastes 3:11


No comments:

Post a Comment