Sunday, November 18, 2012

No More Milk For You


Let me make this very quick and concise before I waste away writing some proflical know it all can do blog post regarding whatever it is that I want to express.  If you have half a wits end in the English language you are more than well aware that last sentence was just fluff, so here goes:

The aggregated maturity levels of peers continues to unveil itself in concurrence with my growing relationship in Christ, and with this comes along a pressing necessity to shut down for a few minutes because it makes me sick.  Germination of the soul may not be evident on the outside of man but the spiritual maturity process is akin to your fibers ripping open at the seems and bursting forth precious life.  A feeling both as painful and beautiful as it sounds  During germination the casing of a seed is left behind and no longer considered a part of the plant.  In this analogy, that casing is man.  More pointedly, as this is my blog, me.

The Scriptures press on us in multiple places this idea and sense of maturity and of embracing that new shoot of life that is springing up from us.  In this aggregated peer group, I question if I find myself looking instead on our old casings rather than the new shoots of life springing out from them.  Therefore neglecting their own growth, and my own in one foul swoop.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

That's not me, that's C. S. Lewis but he makes a good point.  He's riffing off of 1 Corinthians 13.  With this mental imagery of plants let's branch out a little farther- our lives in Christ are eternal.  This is something that naturally pushes itself into our beings when we ask Christ to step into our hearts.  Eternal living is by far the prettiest conversation you will ever have with a Christian.  In the same way the world knows conversations about love stories or fine dining mean nothing until you have experienced it yourself- so can we be assured that no conversation we have here on Earth will ever come close to eternal Completion in Christ.  

Inside of ourselves lives something that wants to shoot on forever, that wants to spread and grow and nourish and be nourished continually.  It does not shut off, it is a stream of Living Water, it is God Himself and our continual relationship with Him keeps us alive.  It is not the continual relationship with each follower of Christ, though that is a part of it.  It is not a relationship with our Bible study group or specific anointed believer.  It is our relationship with Christ, and it is never ceasing. 

The struggle comes when we have the chance to travel with Him, to mature in a matter that changes our lives completely.  Not a, i'm going to the middle of nowhere and eating grasshoppers change, but a change more difficult to conceive.  A change in speech, a change in acknowledgement of others, a change in motives, in friends, in ideologies, in being concrete in understanding "logic" as God's love washes us. 

More so any fear of living eternally in this finite state is heightened when we find ourselves no longer communicating or meeting eye to eye with those we had for such a long time- especially those mentioned above.  They're in our peapod! They are the seed next to us growing and maturing just as we are!  How could this possibly be!  What does this mean?  

We are to work out our own faith and not those of each other, and we are not supposed to compare fruit or judge one another on where we are in our own maturity process with Christ.  This is a relationship with the Eternal Savior, not a spelling bee.  It's at moments like these where we can, and where I must now, rely on the love of God and the Holy Spirit to bring up this shoot and bring life to where I should worship.  

When I first felt this disconnect I asked God to change my heart, to show me where the err in my mind was, and to forgive me for any sin.  Instead of this feeling going away the disconnection has only grown more, and because of seeking God, the void has been filled with God's love and compassion which in turn only increases the extend of grace. It's not a matter the world may see from the outside.  This is a germination, a maturing process deep in the heart unique solely to the individual.  When I agreed there was a division between the natural nature of myself and that of Christ, I decided to die and accept Him.   This new life began inside of me, purging out the dead, and now this process of germination is over.  And that is what I am feeling.  The dead is now plainly dead and a full life in Christ is now beginning to grow deeply.

The Holy Spirit's very own brand of weed n grow.  My joy is being made complete fully as I am now able to mature in Him, and live out the rest of my days here on Earth walking in the good works Christ has already laid out for me.  Creating the beauty that God has innately inspired inside of my heart, and walking in a manner worthy of the Calling of Christ.  Prolific, know it, all can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment